Allathan Associates have been involved in the continuous management of some Farms and Estates since the business was established in 1974.
Routine farm and estate management services are provided for clients in Aberdeenshire, Banffshire, Morayshire and the Highlands and Islands. The services include hands-on farm management, estate management, and a variety of other services to provide our farming and landowning clients with the support that they need to ensure the smooth running of their businesses. The firm also offers an executive farm management service for cases involving insolvency, bank recovery or estate executors.
The support services often include:
- Regular management advice and reports
- Appraisal of land management options
- Basic Payment Scheme and other grant applications and claims
- Property repairs and maintenance programs
- Book-keeping, wages, PAYE and VAT
- Management accounts ready for presentation to accountants
- Budgets with ongoing monitoring and review
- Liaison with accountants, architects, lawyers and other advisors
- Staff recruitment at manager level, farm/estate worker positions, house-keeping staff etc. to include adverts and interviews as required
- Contracts of employment and job descriptions
- Wage/salary comparisons and recommendations
- Ongoing supervision of staff and contractors
- Preparation of tenancy agreements and seasonal arrangements
- Negotiation and collection of rents
Contract Farming Agreements – Arable or Livestock:-
- Setting up a Contract Farming Agreement – Terms and Conditions
- Selection of a Contract Farmer
- Ongoing facilitation of the arrangement – budget preparation, quarterly meetings, documentation, compliance with activity rules
As not all farms and estates are the same, our services are tailored to each client’s specific needs and objectives. Clients can choose which of these they require, whether regular management services, or ‘bought in’ services as and when required.